Pieces of Eden
Pieces of Eden (hereby referred to as POE) are mysterious artifacts from an undiscovered time period. These objects have powerful magic sealed within them, allowing the bearers of said objects abilities beyond those of normal people. The true extent of these items has yet to be determined, but it seems that repetitive use is prohibited, as well as using more than one, for it puts a strain on the bearer’s body far greater than it can possibly recover from.
The name is borrowed from some clergy members believing these relics are the only remnants of the Garden of Eden, the birthplace of humans. However, other races have begun to follow the same belief, thinking that they will lead them to their own version of Eden. Each POE has an ability that allows a wide-spread search for other remnants nearby. Although it doesn’t give the exact location, it does give a vague hint of where to find them.
The following are known POE:
- The Seer
- It is rumored to allow the bearer to foresee instances in the near future that relate to the target.
- The Illusionist
- It is rumored to create illusions around the bearer, decreasing the chances of being hit in combat with physical or magical attacks.
- The Healer
- It is rumored to release a restorative aura around the bearer, healing those around it slowly.
- The Hunger
- It is rumored to feed off of the energy of the opponent in combat, healing the bearer’s wounds.
- The Thief
- It is rumored to attempt a theft of the target’s possessions during combat, but chances are low of success. Chance increases only with those skilled in sleight-of-hand techniques.
- The Guard
- It is rumored to prevent afflictions from being applied to the bearer, reflecting them back onto the caster.
- The Shield
- It is rumored to allow the bearer more chances to prevent damage from attacks.
- The Sword
- It is rumored to allow the bearer more chances to cause damage from attacks.
- The Queen
- A regal that increases the chances of combat rewarding more experience when completed. Disappears from the bearer’s possession and reappears in the world after 20 battles.
- The King
- An imperial that increases the currency gathered from slain enemies. Disappears from the bearer’s possession and reappears in the world after 20 battles.
- The Angel
- It is rumored to instantly revive the bearer to full health when slain. Disappears from the bearer’s inventory and lands back out into the world upon use.
- The Death
- It is rumored to inflict a curse upon the one that slays the bearer. The curse will take effect within a few minutes, causing one of many random effects, one of which is death. Disappears from the bearer’s inventory and is thrown back into the world upon use.